There’s nothing better than a nice big piece of Pecan Pie with a large glass of ice cold organic milk!
My Loaded Pecan Pie is the perfect piece of pie.
I’ve loaded this pie with as many pecans as my pie crust would allow.
Note to self, you can’t skimp on the pecans, every bite of a PECAN pie should include a BIG bite of pecans.
First, in order to even make my Pecan Pie I had to stop eating all the pecans straight out the bag.
Schermer’s Pecans are my favorite pecans and make the perfect gift for that special nut loving person in your life!
My Louisiana born and bred pecan eating mother was in pecan heaven when she tasted Schermer’s Pecans.
I told her you know their Georgia Grown and NOT from Louisiana, lol.
She said, are you sure these are not Louisiana pecans?
Nope, they’re Georgia Grown and they’re delicious!
She said she needed to take a bag home to taste test them again.
She also requested that I make up a batch of Pecan Pralines to see if the pecans work, lol…recipe coming soon.
Let’s just say that my mother is a Georgia Grown pecan believer thanks to Schermer’s Pecans.
- 3 cups Pecans, chopped, toasted (optional)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan add butter, brown sugar, salt, and corn syrup.
- Bring mixture to boil, whisking constantly.
- Boil while whisking for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from stove and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 7-10 minutes.
- Whisk in the beaten eggs.
- Prick frozen pie crust with a fork around bottom and edges.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cover pie crust edges with foil if they began to brown too quickly.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4-6