- 3 6 ounce cans salmon, Alaskan, wild caught
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat buttered crackers, crushed
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- Marzetti Simply Dressed® Ranch or Blue Cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, organic, chopped
- 1 cucumber, organic, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, organic, sliced
- Drain salmon and set aside. In a large bowl add crushed crackers, minced vegetables, all the spices, mayonnaise and mustard, mix well.
- Fold in salmon and panko bread crumbs.
- Form into 4 patties or you could make appetizer size if desired.
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add patties in brown for about 4-5 minutes per side until nice and golden brown.
To Prepare Salad:
- Rinse vegetables, spin in salad spinner until dry.
- Top with Salmon Cake and drizzle with dressing prior to serving.
Salmon Cakes can be drizzled with olive oil and baked at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.
To Grill Salmon Cakes, prepare grill and grill for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serving Size: 4