I am so excited about my Salmon Cake Salad!
I wanted to create a salad that was going to fill me up.
I decided to add Salmon Cakes to my salad to make it a full meal.
This is one simple meal because all you have to do is prepare the salmon cakes and then build your salad.
You can bake, grill or saute the salmon cakes in a little olive oil.
I cooked these in a little olive oil because it was too cold outside to grill them.
I used crispy romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers as the base for my salad.
You could also add shredded carrots and a little crumbled blue cheese if you like.
Big Goo added Parmesan cheese to his salad and Baby Girl didn’t eat the salmon because she’s allergic.
Because I am a salad addict I wanted to give you some tips on how to make the perfect salad.
1. Invest in a salad spinner. My favorite is the OXO Salad Spinner because it really dries the vegetables.
2. You can store your greens in the salad spinner, but I like to store them in a large bowl, topped with a napkin and cover with saran wrap.
The napkin will absorb moisture to keep the greens crisp.
3. Dressing: Purchase high quality salad dressings or make your own.
4. Remove the core from lettuces and chop them so they’re bite size.
Unless you’re making a wedge salad, I believe the greens should be chopped small.
5. Fresh organic veggies if possible. I want the highest quality vegetables and I also grow my own.
If you practice these 5 tips you will have the best salads in town.
- 3 6 ounce cans salmon, Alaskan, wild caught
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat buttered crackers, crushed
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- Marzetti Simply Dressed® Ranch or Blue Cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, organic, chopped
- 1 cucumber, organic, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, organic, sliced
- Drain salmon and set aside. In a large bowl add crushed crackers, minced vegetables, all the spices, mayonnaise and mustard, mix well.
- Fold in salmon and panko bread crumbs.
- Form into 4 patties or you could make appetizer size if desired.
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add patties in brown for about 4-5 minutes per side until nice and golden brown.
To Prepare Salad:
- Rinse vegetables, spin in salad spinner until dry.
- Top with Salmon Cake and drizzle with dressing prior to serving.
Salmon Cakes can be drizzled with olive oil and baked at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.
To Grill Salmon Cakes, prepare grill and grill for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serving Size: 4