I am so excited about today’s dish!
We have lots of cheese folks and that makes me one happy girl!
My Skillet Enchiladas Casserole is loaded with all my favorite goodies, like cheese, more cheese, and extra extra cheese!
I love Mexican food and I love cheese which means this is one of my favorite dishes.
I am using a spicy ground turkey, you could use beef if you prefer.
I always use ground turkey as a substitute for beef in many of my dishes.
I enjoy turkey and I also love the fact that ground turkey produces less grease than beef.
You can also make your enchilada sauce from scratch or purchase a high quality store-bought enchilada sauce.
If I am in a rush I use store-bought enchilada sauce.
This is a really simple dish to make.
Brown up your ground turkey and season it well.
Place corn tortilla shells in the microwave to soften for about 20 seconds.
Next, it’s time to layer the dish.
In the bottom of a greased skillet, add a little enchilada sauce.
Dip the tortillas in remaining enchilada sauce.
Top with meat, cheese, and repeat.
You should end with tortilla shell topped with cheese and more enchilada sauce.
Bake for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees and garnish with lots of avocados, tomatoes, green onions and sour cream if desired.
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 15 corn tortilla shells
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 3 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano,dried
- green onions
- diced tomatoes
- sour cream
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix spice blend and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add meat and break up with a spoon, season with spice blend and mix well.
- Brown meat for about 12 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to a greased skillet.
- Heat tortilla shells in microwave for about 15 seconds to soften.
- Add remaining enchilada sauce in a bowl and dip shells into sauce.
- Layer about 5 shells on top of enchilada sauce in skillet.
- Top with meat, cheese, repeat, ending with enchilada shell.
- Top with cheese, and more sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with toppings.
- Serving Size: 4