With Mardi Gras fast approaching, I’ve really been in a New Orleans state of mind!
From the Gumbo to the Beignets, I can’t get the food out of my mind.
This leads me to my all time favorite, Muffuletta Cheese Bread.
This is not just any ordinary cheese bread.
And believe me, I love cheese bread so I would know.
I’ve taken all the flavors of a traditional Muffuletta and stuffed them into French bread.
Yep, I stuffed olive spread, sliced cheese, Genoa salami and ham, into garlicky, buttery, French bread.
Can you feel the food love people?
Big Goo and Baby Girl stood over me as I prepared this bread.
They’re in love with all my dishes that includes bread, cheese, and deli meat.
Oh, and lots of olive spread.
My daughter would eat all the olive spread if I wouldn’t stop her.
Olive spread, grapes, cheese chunks and bread, that’s her favorite snack to eat and mine too!
This dish goes together in a matter of minutes with the help of store-bought olive spread.
All that’s required is for you to take a loaf of French bread and slice it, making sure you don’t cut all the way through to the bottom of the bread.
Next, mix a stick of softened butter that I zapped in the microwave for about 10 seconds with a cup of olive spread.
Now stuff the bread with the meat and cheese.
Lastly, stuff the bread with the butter/olive mixture making sure to get into all the slices, top and sides of bread.
Wrap the bread in foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
Broil for 5 more minutes and that’s all she wrote.
Quick and simple, and actually can be assembled the night before your Mardi Gras festivities and baked right before the party starts!
- 1 loaf of French bread, sliced
- 12 slices of Genoa salami
- 12 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices of ham
- 1 cup olive spread
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice bread, making sure to not cut through the bottom of the bread.
- Place bread on foil.
- Stuff bread between each slice with cheese, ham, and salami.
- Mix butter, garlic and olive spread together.
- Stuff bread with butter mixture make sure you get between each slice and on top and sides of bread.
- Wrap bread and foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Open foil and broil for 5 minutes until top of cheese melts well.
- Garnish with green onions and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4-6