- 6 slices roasted pork
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- butter, room temperature, unsalted
- yellow mustard
- sliced pickles
For the Roasted Pork:
- 5 lb Boston Butt Pork Roast
- 1 cup beef broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- vegetable stuffing
- olive oil
- roasting bag
For the Vegetable Stuffing:
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1 white onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon spice blend from roast
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Mix the roast seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Rinse roast, pat dry, coat in olive oil.
- Add stuffing ingredients to blender and chop well, place in bowl.
- Cut slits around roast and stuff with vegetable stuffing.
- Season with remaining seasoning and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, place roast in roasting bag, add 1/4 cup of beef broth to bag.
- Cut 4 small slits in the top of roasting bag.
- Cook roast at 325 degrees for 3 hours, remove from roasting bag, add remaining broth and cook 1 hour more.
To Assemble Cuban Sandwich:
- Slice roast thinly and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat and cook sliced roast for about 3 minutes per side and set aside.
- Slice bread in half and butter cut side, toast cut side for about 3 minutes in hot skillet and set aside.
- Add yellow mustard to toasted side of bread, top with cheese, pickles, roast, and ham.
- Butter the outsides of bread and toast for about 3 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Leftover roast can be frozen and used for other dishes or more sandwiches.
- Serving Size: 6