I love grilling and with the weather warming up I am looking for every reason to light up my grill!
My BBQ Chicken Dip is the perfect snack to use up all that leftover grilled chicken.
Cheesy, Smokey, and BBQey makes this one delicious dip!
First, I used my Mesquite Grilled Chicken recipe for the chicken part of the dish, it’s one of my favorite grilled chicken recipes.
Secondly, I used loads of good cheese!
It’s all about the cheese to me, I had a block of Cabot Cheese and it was perfect for this dish.
Monterey jack and cheddar are my favorite cheeses.
I also mixed in room temperature cream cheese to add an extra creaminess to the dip!
Lastly, I added my favorite homemade BBQ sauce to the dip.
Mix everything together with finely chopped grilled chicken, bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
After about 20 minutes I added a little more cheese on top of the dip and garnished with green onions and baked about 5 more minutes.
This dip can be prepared the night before and baked the next morning after bringing to room temperature.
Another tip is to grind the chicken in the food processor are blender to chop it well.
One can go the chunky route but I prefer the texture in my mouth of the creamy dip.
I almost forgot to tell you, after I took these pictures Big Goo folded in 1 cup of chopped pickled jalapenos to the dip to spice it up!
- 3 grilled chicken breast, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped
- green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grind chicken in a food processor or blender.
- Add chicken to large bowl, mix in remaining ingredients.
- Reserve a little cheese for the top if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add more cheese, garnish with green onions and bake 5 minutes more.
- Serve with crackers, chips, and or toasted bread
- Serving Size: 4-6