It’s a beautiful day in Las Vegas, which gives me another chance to light up the grill!
I decided to make Citrus Marinated Grilled Salmon with a simple but tasty Avocado Tomato Salad.
Light and healthy, while still being delicious.
My daughter, AKA Baby Girl, AKA allergic to seafood, is away on a business trip for one of her school clubs which gives me the opportunity to cook seafood without all her extra side-eye!
I previously informed everyone how this kid is not having it when it comes to seafood in this house, and I must sneak and cook it or face a side-eye stare down for weeks after!
I’ve decided after years of avoiding seafood because of her allergies that I missed it and I was adding it back to my cooking schedule.
Well, the 16 year old is not happy and after I cook any type of seafood she brings out the bleach and gloves and starts sanitizing the kitchen and everything in it all in an effort to guilt me for making seafood.
Herein lies the issue, Baby Girl has tasted seafood!
Yep, we had to figure out if she was just allergic to fish or was shrimp also an issue.
After eating shrimp she was fine about the first couple of times and then BAM, itching, watery eyes, scratchy throat and doses of Benadryl later we realized that ALL seafood was out!
But she remembers the flavor and that’s why she goes on a side-eye stare down if I even mention seafood.
Well, she ain’t home so there!
I took Wild-Caught Alaskan Salmon and marinated it in orange, lemon, and lime juice.
I also added a little soy sauce and fresh garlic and ginger.
I marinated the salmon for about 30 minutes then grilled it for another 7-8 minutes per side.
I served it with a simple salad of Organic Romaine Lettuce, Campari Tomatoes, and fresh Avocado.
This is so simple and you can serve the salad with my favorite Ranch dressing if you’re a ranch dressing lover like myself!
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
For the Salad:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 8 campari tomatoes, sliced
- dressing to serve
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Mix seasoning blend, set aside
- Coat salmon in olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasonings on salmon on both sides.
- Rub in garlic and ginger.
- Cover with citrus juices and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Place salmon on greased foil and poke a few holes in the foil, place on grill.
- Cook salmon for 7-8 minutes per side.
To Prepare the Salad:
- Rinse salad greens and spin well until dry.
- Add sliced tomatoes and avocado right before serving.
- Serving Size: 4