We have less than one week until Cinco De Mayo!
Yep, I am celebrating early with my Queso Fundido, Cajun Style.
One can’t celebrate Cinco De Mayo without a cheese based dip.
When I say Cajun Style I am talking about the replacement of the Chorizo which is traditional in Fundido with Smoked Andouille Sausage!
Yes, I used smokey Adouille straight from Louisiana.
My mother recently returned from Louisiana which means I have loads of smokey Louisiana sausages.
First, I chopped the sausages and peppers into bite size pieces.
Next, I fried the sausage and peppers for about 5 minutes in a little olive oil.
Don’t forget to drain the grease from the sausages before moving on to the last step!
Lastly, add the cheeses to the sausage peppers mixture, stir well then broil.
I broiled the queso for about 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes you have created this pan of hot, bubbly, cheesy, goodness!
This dish is smokey, spicy, cheesy, and delicious.
It’s perfect for your Cinco De Mayo party!
- 2 cups smoked andouille sausage, chopped
- 2 cups jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 Serrano, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- chips, bread, crackers to serve
- limes to garnish
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a skillet add 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add sausage and peppers, saute for about 5 minutes.
- Drain sausage and peppers on a napkin and remove all oil from skillet.
- Place sausage and peppers back into pan and mix with sour cream.
- Add cheeses and half the green onions, mix well.
- Broil for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4