If you enjoy eating sweet and spicy foods then this is the dish for you!
My Korean Bulgogi Steak Sandwich consist of chuck roast marinated in grated pear, spicy Asian sauces and lots of spices.
The end results is fork tender chuck roast that is smothered in a sweet and spicy Bulgogi sauce.
I must admit when I first tried Bulgogi I was immediately hooked!
I couldn’t put my finger on what was making this spicy dish so sweet and then I found out it was none other than Asian pear.
I was so hooked on this dish I was driving a really long distance to get Asian pears from the Asian market.
When I don’t have Asian pears available I go with regularly pears but the Asian pears give a better flavor.
I marinated my meat in the refrigerator overnight then I cooked it in the slow cooker on high for 5 hours.
You can easily prepare this in the oven covered with foil at 375 for about 4-5 hours.
The major success of this dish is Asian pear and marinating the meat.
I promise you that you will be hooked on this meat!
It’s not overly sweet, it’s actually the perfect amount of sweetness and the spice is just right!
I not only covered the meat with the meat juices, I used the juice to dip my sandwich in like a French Dip!
This sandwich is a 10!
- 5 lb. chuck roast
- 1 cucumber, seeded, sliced, peeled if non organic
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 white onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 pears, peeled, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons asian chili paste
- 1 tablespoon of creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Steak Sandwich:
- 6 hoagie rolls, toasted
- shredded roast
- sliced carrots
- sliced cucumber
- sliced cheese (optional)
- Rinse roast and pat dry.
- Place roast in slow cooker
- Mix spice blend and brown sugar together and set aside.
- Coat roast in olive oil, rub well.
- Rub roast with seasoning blend.
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, sriracha and rice wine vinegar together with garlic and pear.
- Pour over roast.
- Add carrots, onion, and cucumber, mix well.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator if possible.
- Remove roast from refrigerator and pour beef broth over roast.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Shred roast and make sandwiches.
To Prepare Sandwiches:
- Shred roast, place on toasted bread, top with roast juice and garnish with carrots and cucumber.
- Serving Size: 6