It’s grilling season and I am on a roll!
I’ve been grilling almost everyday and my Yucatan Grilled Shrimp are another one of my favorite quick grilling recipes!
I like to get dinner out quickly during grilling season because it’s HOT in the Las Vegas desert and I can’t be out in the heat for long periods of time.
I am all about quick grilling meals and dishes that I can turn into a high quality leftover for Big Goo, like spicy shrimp tacos!
Baby Girl is not part of this discussion as you already know, she’s allergic to seafood.
But, Big Goo, he loves when I grill shrimp, especially spicy shrimp!
I took oranges, lemons, and limes and marinated the shrimp with habanero, jalapeno, sriracha, and my favorite spices.
You only have to marinate the shrimp for about 30 minutes and then it’s time to start grilling.
Don’t forget to soak your bamboo skewers in water for about an hour so you want have any fire issues on the grill!
Also, habanero is optional, but it does give the shrimp a nice kick!
I love spicy foods that’s why I added a habanero and jalapeno pepper.
You can also puree the peppers if you want a smoother bite.
Don’t forget to handle those peppers with care because I’ve touched my skin after handling a habanero and it wasn’t pretty at all!
Grill the shrimp for about 3-4 minutes per side and enjoy!Print
- 24 large shrimp, peeled, devein
- 2 oranges, zested, juiced
- 2 limes, zested, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- Rinse shrimp, shell,devein, place into a large bowl.
- Top shrimp with remaining ingredients, mix well and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Grill.
- Place 3 shrimps on each skewer and grill for 3 minutes per side.
- Serving Size: 4