- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red onion, pureed in blender or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 slices bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried, crushed
- 1/2 grated cucumber, peeled if non-organic
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
To Serve Burgers:
- grated cucumber
- Hamburger Buns
- Add milk and bread to a large bowl and allow to sit for about 5 minutes to soften bread.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Cover mixture and allow to chill for at least one hour or overnight.
- Prepare grill and grill burgers for 7-8 minutes per side.
To Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce:
- Grate cucumber, place inside a clean towel and ring all the water out of the cucumber, add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Serve meal with warm naan or pita bread.
- Serving Size: 6