The Coca-Cola Company provided promotional consideration for my participation in this program.
ESSENCE Festival 2015® is live and happening and I thought I would celebrate the wonderful occasion with Slow Cooker Coca Cola Pulled Pork!
Nothing goes better with Pulled Pork than a nice cold Coca Cola!
ESSENCE Festival 2015® is being held in New Orleans, Louisiana which means great food, fun, and festivities!
If you can’t make it to this years event, why not create a taste of New Orleans at home?
My Coca Cola Pulled Pork is the perfect meal to give you an authentic New Orleans food experience.
And don’t forget your Coca Cola to make the meal complete!
First, we start off our dish with Boston Butt Pork Roast.
Next, we rub the roast with a bunch of southern spices such as paprika, creole seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
Lastly, we top the pork roast with a bottle of Coca Cola and allow the slow cooker to do the rest of the work for us!
After six hours the pork is ready to be topped with your favorite barbeque sauce!
I also like to add coleslaw on top of my pulled pork sandwiches.
I have my Pulled Pork and my Coca Cola!
It’s time to party people!
- 1 6 lb Boston butt roast
- 3 cups bbq sauce
- 2 cups Coca Cola in the bottle
- 2 tablespoon creole seasonings
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- hamburger buns to serve
- Rinse roast and pat dry.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Reserve 2 cups of bbq sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients to roast, rub well.
- Top roast with Coca Cola.
- Cook on high 6 hours are until roast shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove roast from juices, shred, add back to slow cooker.
- Top with bbq sauce prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 6-8