- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 8 small flour tortilla shells
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, ground
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- cheese, sour cream, shredded cabbage, lime, jalapeno, tomatoes, to garnish
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat add about 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Add onion and saute about 4 minutes, season with 1 tablespoon of spice blend.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add ground turkey, break up turkey while browning, season with spice blend and mix well.
- Cook turkey about 12 minutes, reduce heat and simmer while you prepare the puffy shells.
For the Puffy Shells:
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shell to pan and using tongs are a spatula, place in the middle to form an indent in the shell while it cooks.
- Cook shell about 1-2 minutes per side are until golden.
- Remove shell and drain on napkin.
- Assemble puffy tacos by topping with meat and condiments.
- Serve immediately.