The wonderful people at OXO was kind enough to send me their new Hand Held Spiralizer for recipe development.
My Zucchini Pasta with Tomato Sauce is the perfect dish to use my new favorite kitchen gadget.
I normally make this Spicy Tomato Sauce with Pasta but using Zucchini and Squash is the perfect way to cut the carbs and still eat a delicious meal.
The #HandHeldSpiralizer is the perfect size and true to OXO standards, easy to use!
All you have to do is cut off the ends of the veggies and pop it into the base of the Spiralizer and twist and turn.
Yes, it’s that simple!
Once I got busy spiralizing I didn’t want to stop!
I was in my fridge looking for things to turn into noodles.
I think I might have a spiralizing addiction.
Yep! Once you jump on the spiralizing bandwagon you too will become addicted!
Also, don’t forget that replacing pasta with veggie noodles is the perfect way to keep dishes low carb.
This dish is so fresh and simple.
First, I used Roma tomatoes cooked in a spicy, garlicky, red pepper oil.
Next, I added a little vegetable broth to thin the sauce.
Add the noodles to the sauce and let them cook until tender.
Lastly, add mozzarella balls or keep it vegan/vegetarian by eating the dish as is.
This dish was delicious and even Big Goo the meat eater loved it.
He said he didn’t miss the pasta and the fact that I made it spicy really made it taste good!
- 2 zucchini
- 2 squash
- 6 roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- marinated mozzarella balls
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- Spiralize zucchini and squash and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and remaining seasonings.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and noodles and cook about 5-7 minutes more are until noodles are tender.
- Toss in mozzarella balls and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4