- 1 bottle Kyvan Foods Honey Apple Salsa
- 1 bottle Kyvan Foods Sesame Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Asian panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onion and sesame seeds to garnish
- Add ground turkey to a large bowl, add spices, egg, bread crumbs, 1 cup of salsa and 1/2 cup bbq sauce.
- Mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands form into golf ball size meatballs and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet.
- Fry meatballs in batches on both sides for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Don’t overcrowd pan and add more oil if needed.
- Mix remaining BBQ sauce and salsa together.
- Drain oil from skillet, add meatballs back to pan and cover with sauce mixture.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until meatballs are cooked.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve as an appetizer for with hot rice and sauteed veggies.