This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CornishHenHolidays #CollectiveBias
It’s the holiday season and like most folks I’m always looking for ways to switch up my traditional holiday menu.
My Tyson® Creole Cornish Hens with Rice Dressing is the perfect way to kick up your holiday menu.
This holiday season my family is replacing traditional ham and turkey with Tyson® Cornish Hens.
Tyson® Premium Cornish Hens are 100% All Natural with no artificial ingredients and are minimally processed.
I created a easy recipe with minimal prep work, just like I like it!
First, rinse the Cornish Hens and pat dry.
It’s important you start with dry Cornish Hens so you receive a beautiful roasted color in the end.
Secondly, let’s get our Cornish Hens ingredients together.
I’m using unsalted butter, extra virgin olive oil and my delicious Creole spice blend.
Rub the Cornish Hens with the room temperature butter.
It’s important that you coat the Cornish Hens well with butter,
Insert the remaining butter into the cavity.
Next, it’s time to drizzle with lots of olive oil.
I love the flavor and color the olive oil gives to the Cornish Hens.
Now let’s spice it up!
I’m using Creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika and a little chili powder
Our Tyson® Premium Cornish Hens are ready to hit the oven!
I told you this was simple cooking.
It’s important to baste the Cornish Hens with the pans juices.
By basting with the pan juices, you’ll achieve a beautiful, flavorful outcome!
The Cornish Hens will take about 50 minutes to 1 hour to cook at 425 degrees.
Make sure you allow the Cornish Hens to rest before serving.
While the Cornish Hens are baking it’s time to start preparing the rice dressing.
Rice dressing is the perfect side dish for this holiday meal.
I prepared my Rice dressing with Tyson® ground chicken and chicken gizzards.
It’s an easy recipes that can actually be made the day before and reheated prior to serving with the Cornish Hens.
Don’t forget to download Ibotta, the mobile rebate app. to unlock $1.50 off Tyson® All Natural Premium Cornish Hen twin pack!
Leave a comment below and tell me what’s your favorite way to prepare Tyson® Premium Cornish Hens!
- 4 Tyson® Cornish Hens
- 1 stick butter, room temperature, unsalted
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
For the Rice Dressing:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 small pack of chicken gizzards
- 1 cup gizzard juice
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Rice Dressing Seasoning Blend:
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Rice:
- 3 cups long grain rice, dried
- 4 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove Cornish Hens from package, rinse well, pat dry.
- Coat with butter, olive oil, and spice blend.
- Coat well and bake at 425 degrees for 50 minutes-1 hour, basting with pan juices every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven an allow to rest.
To Prepare Rice Dressing:
- Rinse chicken gizzards and add to a stock pot, cover with water, cook over medium heat for about 1 1/2 hours, adding more water if needed.
- You will need to reserve 1 cup of gizzard cooking liquid..
- While gizzards cook, in a medium pan, add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat, add bell peppers, onions, and celery. Saute for about 5 minutes then add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add ground chicken, break up, add seasonings and saute until browned and cooked through. Turn chicken-vegetable mixture off the heat and set aside.
- When gizzards are fork tender, remove from heat, drain, reserving gizzard liquid.
- Add gizzards to a food processor and chop lightly.
- Add chopped gizzards to chicken-vegetable mixture and heat over medium heat, mix well. Add gizzard cooking liquid.
- To Prepare Rice:
- Add chicken broth to a large rice pan, bring to boil.
- Stir in rice, cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes, remove from heat, allow rice to steam 10 minutes more.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, add rice a little at a time until enough rice has been added and mixture remains moist. You may not need all the rice.
- Add chopped parsley and mix well.
- Check seasonings.
- Place rice dressing onto a platter and top with Cornish Hens.
- You can slice Cornish Hens in half prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 4-8