- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 lb smoked Spanish sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thickness
- 4 cups butter beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 cup Spanish olives, undrained
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- extra virgin olive oil
- hot rice and crusty bread to serve
- Mix seasoning blend together including sugar and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, cut into 2 inch chunks and season with half the seasoning blend and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive to a large pan over medium heat, add sliced sausage and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add onion to pan and cook 3 minutes more. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well and cook about 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken to pan and more olive oil if needed and brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Add tomatoes sauce, broth. and remaining seasonings to pan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, cook about 5 minutes.
- Add undrained Spanish olives and beans, cook about 7-10 more minutes.
- Add fresh parsley and serve over hot rice with crusty bread.
Slow Cooker Directions:
Add all minus beans and olives to slow cooker.
Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours, covered.
Add beans, olives, and parsley, cook 30 minutes more, uncovered.
- Serving Size: 4-6