The weather is still chilly which means it’s comfort food time!
My One Pot Spanish Chicken Stew is what’s required for all comfort food lovers.
There’s nothing better when it’s cold outside than eating a nice big bowl of spicy stew.
I love spicy food and using the hot Spanish Paprika gives this dish a nice kick!
You can go with a milder paprika if you can’t handle the heat or if you’re making this dish for kids.
My family only wants it super hot so I went hot all the way!
I’m also in love with these Pimiento Stuffed Olives.
I didn’t drain the olives before adding them to the dish because I wanted that briny taste added for extra flavor.
If you prefer you can drain your olives, the choice is yours.
This dish is not only a one pot wonder, which means less mess to clean up after cooking, it’s also really simple.
First, I browned up a pound of smoked sausage in olive oil.
Please don’t drain the sausage grease people because this dish is all about the flavor!
Secondly, add a little red onion and garlic to the sausage grease and cook for a few minutes.
Next, add the seasoned chicken breast.
You can use chicken thighs if you prefer, but I used what I had on hand.
Lastly, after the chicken is nice and brown, add the crushed tomatoes, a little broth and allow the sauce to simmer.
Add the butter beans and olives and that’s pretty much it folks!
Oh, don’t forget to add your fresh parsley at the end as well.
It’s always a good idea to finish off your dish with fresh herbs.
Our dish is all hot and ready and just waiting for me to dig in.
I served this with hot rice and a side of crusty bread.
You need the bread to dip into the sauce so you can savor all the flavor!
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 lb smoked Spanish sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thickness
- 4 cups butter beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 cup Spanish olives, undrained
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- extra virgin olive oil
- hot rice and crusty bread to serve
- Mix seasoning blend together including sugar and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, cut into 2 inch chunks and season with half the seasoning blend and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive to a large pan over medium heat, add sliced sausage and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add onion to pan and cook 3 minutes more. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well and cook about 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken to pan and more olive oil if needed and brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Add tomatoes sauce, broth. and remaining seasonings to pan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, cook about 5 minutes.
- Add undrained Spanish olives and beans, cook about 7-10 more minutes.
- Add fresh parsley and serve over hot rice with crusty bread.
Slow Cooker Directions:
Add all minus beans and olives to slow cooker.
Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours, covered.
Add beans, olives, and parsley, cook 30 minutes more, uncovered.
- Serving Size: 4-6