- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 cup red salsa
- 1 cup green salsa
- 1 cup hot tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, red onion to serve
For the Roux:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- In a skillet add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, add onion and chipotle pepper, cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well.
- Add meat to pan, break up meat and season with remaining seasoning blend.
- Cook meat for about 8 minutes, drain oil from meat, add back to pan.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, and salsas.
- Cook for about 15 minutes more, stirring occasional.
- Prepare the roux and add to pan, cook 5 more minutes and serve.
- To Prepare the Roux:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add flour and stir for about 4-5 minutes, until flour is slightly browned.
- Serving Size: 6-8