You guys know how much I love OXO products!
Well, today we’re Cooking with OXO and my Spicy Beef Chili Con Carne is the perfect dish to highlight my new favorite OXO products.
The wonderful people at OXO was kind enough to send me some of their newest kitchen gadgets and I must admit, I’m in love!!!!
This is my new favorite gadget because I’m not a fan of cutting vegetables, especially those crying onions!
The Vegetable Chopper with Easy Pour Opening takes care of all of that and more.
It’s easy to use and not only that, because of the Easy Pour Opening you don’t have to worry about your onions taking on a life of their own and flying off the cutting board.
Ease of use, practical, and keeps our veggies where they belong, in the container and not on the floor. It’s a win win for us all!
A girl can have more than one favorite kitchen gadget.
Well I’m an OXO kitchen gadget groupie and proud of it!
Now it’s time to start cooking so we can get to eating!
First, let’s chop up our red onions!
Did I mention I love the size of the chopped onions, it was perfect.
My teenage daughter says thank you OXO for the Ground Meat Chopper!
The fact that she doesn’t have to worry about her father complaining that she left the taco meat too chunky has saved her years of unnecessary complaints.
I let her try it out and she’s in love and her daddy is forever happy and grateful!
Our meat is all browned up and perfectly chopped now it’s time to add our red and green salsas into our pot!
Check out my favorite OXO Measuring Cup.
I told you I’m an OXO kitchen gadget groupie people!
All the goodness is in our big pot of Smoky Beef Chili Con Carne now it’s time to ladle it into bowls so we can start eating!
I love this ladle because it’s heat resistance and non-stick with flexible edges that are designed to easily scrape contents from pots and pans for efficient serving.
It’s time to serve this bowl of hot smoky goodness up!
I topped my chili with all my favorites like tomato, avocado, cheese, sour cream and a little extra red onion.
I also served it with a side of Blue Corn Chips.
You can also serve it with my Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Bread which I will be making soon for the blog.
Look out for the recipe folks!
It’s time to eat and don’t forget to pick up your OXO kitchen gadgets so you can become an OXO kitchen gadget groupie just like me!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 cup red salsa
- 1 cup green salsa
- 1 cup hot tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, red onion to serve
For the Roux:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- In a skillet add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, add onion and chipotle pepper, cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well.
- Add meat to pan, break up meat and season with remaining seasoning blend.
- Cook meat for about 8 minutes, drain oil from meat, add back to pan.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, and salsas.
- Cook for about 15 minutes more, stirring occasional.
- Prepare the roux and add to pan, cook 5 more minutes and serve.
- To Prepare the Roux:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add flour and stir for about 4-5 minutes, until flour is slightly browned.
- Serving Size: 6-8