It’s cake time and one of my all time favorite cakes is a nice big chunk of pound cake!
My Coconut Pecan Pound Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Glaze is the ultimate coconut lovers dessert.
Even if you’re not a big fan of coconut this cake will make you change your mind.
My picky teenager only liked coconut in curries and all things savory.
I had to make her change her mind about living her life without the sweet taste of coconut desserts.
I started her out with my Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake!
And if you love cheesecake and coconut you must make this recipe.
I love making pound cakes because it’s just a simple dessert but the results are spectacular.
First, I just beat cream cheese and butter until it’s light and fluffy.
Next, add eggs, one at a time people, because you can’t rush food goodness!
Lastly, I add vanilla, then I alternate between flour and coconut milk.
Make sure you always end with the flour mixture.
Also, my trick is when I get to the last addition of flour, I toss the toasted coconut and chopped pecans with the mixture then add it to the batter.
Don’t over beat the batter because we’re making cake, not scones people!
Pour the batter into your pan and bake that baby up!
While our cake is baking it’s time to make our Coconut Cream Cheese Glaze.
Again, it’s butter time!
Butter, cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar and coconut milk.
It’s really that simple. Beat everything together and thin with even more coconut milk to your desired consistency.
A quick trick is to zap the cream cheese glaze in the microwave for about 15 seconds for a pourable glaze.
Don’t forget to top the cake with even more toasted coconut and chopped pecans.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups toasted shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For Coconut Cream Cheese:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- toasted coconut and chopped pecans to top.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add sugars slowly to butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Add eggs to mixture 1 at a time, beating for 20 seconds between the next egg.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add in four batches to mixture.
- Alternate between flour and coconut milk.
- Beat about 20 seconds between.
- Scraping down sides of mixing bowl.
- Toss coconut and pecans with last batch of flour.
- Add to mixer and beat for about 20 more seconds.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Tap baking pan on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes, check cake with a skewer for fork. Bake 10 minutes more if needed.
- Remove cake from oven, allow to cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool on cake platter for 30 more minutes.
To Prepare Coconut Cream Cheese:
- Place all ingredients into a mixer and mix well.
- Add more coconut milk to thin to desired consistency.
- Pour cream cheese over cake and top with shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Serve with extra cream cheese on the side.
You can microwave coconut cream cheese for about 10-15 seconds for a more glaze like consistency.
To Toast Coconut: Place sweetened, shredded coconut into a pan over medium heat, stir constantly until coconut begins to brown, remove from heat, continue to stir and allow to cool to room temperature before using.
- Serving Size: 8-10