Lindsay Maintland Hunt and her wonderful cookbook Healthyish is full of delicious meals that provides a healthy bite of recipes designed for real life.
I am making Lindsay’s Turkey and Chickpea Burgers with Dill Havarti!
The wonderful people at OXO sent me their wonderful products to make preparing these wonderful burgers hassle free!
Folks not only did I receive a complementary copy of Lindsay’s wonderful cookbook Healthyish, OXO also hooked me up!
Smooth Potato Masher – Puts less pressure on your hands while mashing; soft, horizontal handle lets you press straight down as it absorbs pressure.
4.5 Quart Glass Bowl – Oven, freezer and microwave safe. Generous rims allow for easy handling when mixing, pouring and cleaning.
Non-Stick Pro Half Sheet Jelly Roll Pan – 13″ x 18″ – Commercial-grade, heavy-gauge aluminized steel provides fast, even heat distribution and lasting durability and stability. Micro-textured pattern ensures even baking by minimizing surface contact and promoting airflow.
Large Stainless Steel Flexible Turner – Flips delicate foods with ease while keeping them intact.
2 Qt Silicone Collapsible Strainer – Flexible silicone opens easily and closes flat for storage.
The best part about these delicious burgers is they’re easily assembled.
First, mash up your canned chickpeas. I prefer to keep my chickpeas a little chunky but you can mash them to your desired consistency.
Secondly, after mashing up the chickpeas add the ground turkey to the bowl and some of the spices.
I always add a little water to my turkey burgers for added moisture.
Mix everything well making sure not to over mix.
Form meat into four nice size patties.
My trick is to use an OXO measuring cup for equally perfect size patties.
Season patties on both sides with remaining spice blend and set aside.
Lastly, add extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
Add patties to skillet and cook 6-7 minutes per side until juices run clear.
Add cheeses, cover with a lid, and cook about 1-2 minutes more.
While the burgers are cooking prepare your toasted bread and toppings.
I toast my bread in a little extra virgin olive oil for a few minutes in a hot skillet.
Remove burgers and top with your favorite veggies and serve warm.
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Havarti and Muenster cheeses
- toasted hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, and mustard to top
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl. I prefer a chunkier bean but mash based on your desired consistency.
- Add ground turkey to bowl and season with 3/4 of the seasoning blend and water.
- Mix well but don't over mix.
- Form meat into four patties and set aside.
- Season both sides of burgers with remaining seasoning blend.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add burgers and cook 6-7 minutes per side.
- Top with cheese, cover with a lid, cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Toast buns and top burgers with your favorite burger toppings.