Before we start discussing this delicious Roasted Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup, I must send out a final reminder.
It’s the last day to enter the Sucre King Cake Giveaway (entry below)!
O.K., now back to my soup! Back story…well I have two stories…the first is that I’ve eaten ramen noodles for as long as I could remember.
Growing up in California it was like a before the real meal snack.
And I say before the real meal, because often times Ramen noodles did not fill you up and you found yourself hungry in about 10 minutes.
Although I’ve always enjoyed ramen noodles and all the veggies inside, I never enjoyed the broth.
I would never drink it after finishing off my noodles, it tasted way to salty for me and it’s just a bad memory of all my ramen eating days!
Story number two started last week when my foodie friend Patti, at the wonderful blog Comfy Cuisine posted a Japanese Shoyu Ramen Soup.
The soup was so beautiful looking, I could taste it through the screen…lol. I also knew Ramen Soup making was in my future.
That leads me to today…it’s Ramen Soup time, so grab your pots and get to cooking!
The soup turned out perfect and it’s ready in under 1 hours time!
Believe me when I tell ya, roasting the chicken really did kick this soup up!
All you package eating Ramen soup people will be reformed once you make my version of Ramen noodle soup.
Without all the added salt, and MSG, which I am allergic too, so I don’t eat anything with MSG in it!
It’s time to really start cooking people…and I am about to start eating!Print
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 6 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 6 cups beef broth , low sodium
- 4–5 packs ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups organic corn
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- 1/4 cups cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of seasoning blend, rub in well, roast at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting prepare soup.
- In a large stock pot, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, saute onions, ginger, carrots, celery and corn for about 5 minutes, season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, add rinsed mushrooms, water chestnuts and garlic, cook 2 minutes more.
- Pour in beef and chicken stock, bring to boil, then allow mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes, slice thinly and set aside.
- Add ramen noodles to stock, bring to boil and cook about 4 minutes until ramen noodles are tender.Taste seasoning level and add remaining seasonings if needed.
- Add chicken and cilantro to soup, mix well. Serve garnished with green onions.
- Serving Size: 4-6