It’s National Grilled Cheese Month and it’s time to CELEBRATE!!!!!
I love grilled cheese sandwiches, and I will be sharing all my favorites with you this month.
Starting off with my World Famous Bacon, Egg, and Cheese, Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Yes, it’s delicious and cheesy!
First, fry up plenty of bacon.
Don’t forget to save that bacon grease!
What do you think the eggs are fried in?
Next, Texas Toast.
You need thick bread to hold all this goodness that goes into this magically delicious sandwich goodness!
I’ve tried this with thin bread and it just doesn’t work as well.
Look at all this crispy bacon!
And I had to fry this egg hard, Big Goo wants everything crispy!
Finally, assemble the sandwich with cheese on bottom bread, topped with egg, topped with bacon, topped with another egg, topped with more cheese, now smash it down!
Add a little more bacon grease to a clean pan and a pat of butter over medium heat, add the sandwich and cook for about 2 minutes per side until the cheese melts.
I like to press the bread down with another pan to make sure I get the contact I need for a nice brown crust on the bottom.
Flip and repeat!
After all of that non work people, it’s ready to eat.
Serve it with a side of hot sauce if you like it spicy!
Eat up and Enjoy!
- 8 slices Texas toast bread
- 8 eggs
- 1 pack bacon, thick cut, diced
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheese, grated
- pinch of creole seasoning
- pinch of black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Dice bacon and fry until crispy, set aside.
- Reserve about 1 tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Add eggs to bacon grease and fry, sprinkle a pinch of creole and pepper onto each egg.
- Remove eggs from pan and assemble sandwich.
- Place cheese on one side of bun, top with 1 egg, top with bacon, top with another egg, top with more cheese and place top bread and smash lightly.
- Add a little bacon grease and butter to a pan over medium heat, add sandwich and cook about 2 minutes per side, until cheese melts.
- Serving Size: 4