I must first start off by saying, I did not prepare this dish. I only took the pictures, and that’s because my daughter, the real master behind this dish was way too busy eating to plate the food or even think of taking a picture.
I just purchased a new George Foreman Outdoor Grill because sometimes I just don’t want to prepare a charcoal grill to cook a piece of fish or a quick meal like this.
I also don’t want to set up my smoker when I just want a quick grilled turkey burger.
This leads me to my Grilled Greek Chicken, which by the way is a family favorite!
The chicken took about 8 minutes per side to grill.
My daughter basted some pita bread with olive oil, crushed oregano, and threw that on the grill to serve the chicken with.
Then she prepared some Tzatziki Sauce which included cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and Greek yogurt.
Feta was sitting in the fridge and she said why not add some, so it’s her little twist.
The chicken is all grilled up and ready to serve. I love the grill marks she was able to get on the chicken.
Remember, you can marinate the chicken over night, just bring to room temperature before grilling.
Drizzle with Tzatziki Sauce just before serving.
I also like to serve this with a side of Tzatziki sauce for dipping, yes, it’s that good!
O.K. it’s time to eat, and this is one less dish I will have to ever make again, because my daughter has mastered it and now think she’s queen of the grill!
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
For the Feta Tzatziki:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cucumber, seeded, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
For the Grilled Pita Bread:
- 6 pita bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- oregano, dried, crushed
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, cover with plastic wrap and flatten to about 1/2 inch thick. Place chicken in a storage bag.
- Mix all remaining chicken ingredients in a bowl. Pour mixture over chicken, rub in well.
- Refrigerate chicken and marinate about 1 hour.
- While chicken marinates prepare tzatziki sauce.
To Prepare Tzatziki Sauce:
- Grate seeded cucumber, peel if non organic. Place grated cucumber in a towel to remove as much of the liquid as possible.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well, stir in cucumber and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To grill chicken, heat grill and cook chicken about 8-10 minutes per side, until juices run clear and the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from grill and allow to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- To Prepare Pita Bread:
- Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle crushed oregano on top and grill for about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serving Size: 4