Often I make two salads in a day but my family recently started a salad revolt against me.
The rumor around my house is, I eat too much salad and soup but I am not one to gossip so you didn’t hear that from me!
My Chinese Chicken Salad with Wonton Croutons is one of my favorite salads to eat.
First, I create a wonderful vinaigrette dressing with soy sauce, red wine vinegar, honey, ginger, lemon juice, spices and olive oil.
All you have to do is place all these ingredients into a large jar and shake it! Don’t forget to lid the jar first, yes, I’ve made this mistake.
Next, wash some of your favorite veggies. I used leaf lettuces, grated carrots, and cucumbers.
I was suppose to add a little grated cabbage but forgot to pick it up from the store.
Use whatever veggies you like and don’t forget, if the cucumber is non organic, please peel it first.
Lastly, I assemble my salad by using store bought roasted chicken breast, sliced thinly, topping this salad goodness off with sliced almonds and toasted sesame seeds.
Always drizzle the dressing right before serving to prevent limp lettuce.
- 2 roasted chicken breast, sliced
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, seeded, sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- sliced almonds
- green onion
- wonton wrappers
- cooking oil
For the Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a large covered jar, shake well, set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare wonton croutons by placing about 1/2 cup oil into a pan over medium heat, fry wontons until light and golden brown.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry non stick pan for about 1 minute.
- Rinse vegetables and spin in a salad spinner until dry.
- Assemble salads with vegetables, seeds and nuts. Drizzle dressing right before serving and top with croutons.
- Serving Size: 4