It’s a Slow Cooker kind of day! I wanted to create a hearty meal that would fill these folks up in this house.
I also didn’t want to dirty any dishes and my Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich accomplished all of that and more!
As most of you’ve been made aware of this past year, I am a new slow cooker junkie!
I was the girl who used my slow cooker to only keep food warm, I didn’t realize that there was a big slow cooker cooking movement in the world that I was not a member of!
As I said above, I didn’t want dishes so I skipped that step.
I rinsed my meat, pat dry, season with all the spices on both side. Top the meat with the remaining ingredients, cover and cook for about 5 hours on high.
After 5 hours I shredded the meat, placed it back into the slow cooker and then it was assembling time!
You need fresh French hoagie rolls, loads of fresh mozzarella and hot pickled peppers.
Place everything on the bun with a little mayo and it’s ready to devour!
This dish is so simple and no dishes, which makes it that much more of a winner.
- 3–4 lb chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, dried, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
To Assemble Sandwiches:
- French Rolls
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pickled Peppers
- Rinse roast, pat dry, season with all spices, place remaining ingredients into slow cooker. Cook covered for 5 hours on high.
- Remove from slow cooker, shred, place back in juices.
- To assemble sandwiches, place mayo and meat on french roll, place cheese, peppers, serve with side of gravy for dipping.
- Serving Size: 4-6