I love a good Chinese Chicken Bowl and today I decided to turn my Chicken bowls, Greek!
My Greek Chicken Bowls are just what I need in my life.
It’s no hidden secret that I love Greek food, YES, I eat it every week.
Life is not the same if I don’t have something Greek to eat, therefore my Greek Chicken bowl is the perfect, easy, get your Greek on meal to make.
To create this wonderful Greek Chicken Bowl I marinated boneless, skinless, chicken thighs in lots of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, Greek yogurt, lemon and oregano.
I marinated my chicken overnight, but you don’t have to do that, give it at least 30 minutes and it will still taste delicious!
After removing the chicken from the refrigerator, I added extra virgin olive oil to a pan and sauteed the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side.
Don’t forget to add your sliced olives to the pan the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
Dinner is served, Greek style. I served the tasty chicken over hot white rice, topped with feta cheese.
If you really want to make this chicken bowl extra fancy, serve it with my Greek Feta rice.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, crushed, dried
- feta cheese
- sliced olives
- olive oil to saute
- hot rice to serve
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, cut into 2 inch chunks.
- Place chicken in bowl, top with all the spices, yogurt, lemon, and garlic.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, heat a pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute chicken for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked and juices are clear.
- Add sliced olives the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve over hot rice with feta cheese.
- Serving Size: 4-6