I have Indian food on the brain!
This is one of those easy but flavorful chicken dishes.
First, I took chicken drumsticks and marinated them in plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and lots of Indian spices.
Secondly, I allowed my chicken to marinate overnight in all this goodness!
You don’t have to marinate the chicken overnight, a few hours will do the chicken just fine.
Lastly, I baked the chicken in a hot oven at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Don’t forget to flip the chicken during the baking process to make sure both sides get a little crispy.
Oh, and make sure you blast the chicken on broil for a few minutes to further crisp up that chicken skin.
All done and ready to eat. The results are excellent and the yellow rice with potatoes and pea samosas were an added bonus.
My daughter wouldn’t let me complete my dish without lots of hot buttered naan bread and chutney which was perfect for wrapping the chicken in.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon masala powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- Place chicken and all ingredients into a large bowl, mix well.
- Cover, refrigerate, marinate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and bake, uncovered at 450 degrees for 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Broil chicken for about 5 minutes to crisp skin.
- Serving Size: 6