It’s a chicken wing kind of day!
Not only is it the start of NFL Preseason Football, it’s the start of wing season.
I am starting off the season right with my Baked Thai Chicken Wings!
What I enjoy the most about making baked wings is that I have nothing to clean up.
No grease flying all over my kitchen from frying wings, which I do love, but I don’t love the mess.
It’s just me, the wings, and a hot oven!
The wings are well seasoned and baked at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Make sure you line your pan with foil to make the clean up that much easier.
Then I basted the wings with a lime, garlic, ginger sauce and broiled them for about 5 minutes on each side to crisp these babies up!
These wings are done and ready for some football!
Although Baby Girl and I already started eating the wings, we did save a few for the game tonight!
Don’t forget I love wings and I have lots of other wing recipes waiting for you to try.Print
- 24 chicken drummettes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
For the Thai Wing Sauce:
- 2 Thai Chiles, diced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, place in a large bowl.
- Top chicken with the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Bake chicken for 40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes.
- After 40 minutes turn oven to broil.
- Baste chicken with Thai wing sauce, broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken oven baste with more Thai wing sauce and broil 5 minutes more.
To Prepare Thai Wing Sauce:
- Place all ingredients into a pan, bring to boil, reduce to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4