I made myself a promise to start cooking more seafood dishes.
My Feta Shrimp Pasta is not only quick, it’s so full of flavor you will be hooked like Big Goo when he took his first bite!
I am a big lover of all things seafood but when Baby Girl was born with seafood allergies I pretty much put a halt on cooking and eating seafood.
Well, Baby Girl is almost an adult and she’s also a food label reading teen who knows how to avoid seafood and I am about to start cooking and eating more of it.
This is one of those quick, simple, tasty dishes!
First, I literally took peeled, deveined shrimp, sauteed them in extra virgin olive oil, butter, and lots of spices.
Secondly, the pasta is the longest cooking part of this dish.
Don’t forget to save a little pasta cooking water for the sauce.
Lastly, I added a little chicken broth and pasta cooking water to the shrimp and that’s it.
Make sure you don’t forget to top the pasta with feta cheese and lemon juice.
The feta cheese is going to start to melt into the sauce creating this rich, creamy, cheesy bowl of goodness!
It’s time to eat and I am about to devour all these shrimps!
- 20 shrimp, large, peeled, deveined
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- green onions to garnish
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta, rinse with warm water, drain again, coat in a 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Place shrimp in a bowl, coat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and all the spices, mix well.
- In a skillet add remaining olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and saute 2 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic, lemon zest and saute 1 minute more.
- Add broth, pasta cooking water, cook 1 minute more.
- Add feta cheese, pasta, mix well.
- Add lemon juice and green onions, toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4