It’s another glorious day with a wonderful seafood dish!
My Pan Roasted Cod is the perfect quick cook fish dish.
Not to worry, I took care of Baby Girl and her seafood allergies by cooking her Greek food.
Yep, she loves Greek food just like her mama.
This dish is so quick and simple, before you can finish cooking your side veggies it’s ready to eat.
First, take cod fillets and coat them in a little olive oil on both sides of the fish.
Secondly, mix seasoning blend together and coat the fish well with the spice mixture.
Make sure you massage the spices into the fish, we need flavor in every bite!
Lastly, add butter and olive oil to a skillet over medium heat, add the cod and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.
Squeeze a little lemon juice on top of the fish, baste in pan juices and enjoy.
If you wanted, you could add a little capers to the pan juices and a little white wine to make this dish all fancy.
But, we’re not fancy up in here, o.k. sometimes we are, but not when it comes to eating!
I told you it was simple, less than 10 minutes and it’s time to eat!
I made a quick potato in the microwave, it took about 5 minutes.
- 4 cod fillets
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- green onions or parsley to garnish
- Rinse fish, pat dry, coat in a little olive oil.
- Mix seasoning blend together and coat both sides of fish well.
- Place around 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil into a skillet over medium heat.
- Add fish and cook about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Baste fish with pan juices, squeeze fresh lemon on top and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4