One word, Greek Fried Chicken, o.k. that’s three words but let’s not focus on chicken formalities.
This is one of the best chicken recipes I’ve ever made!
Baby Girl and I decided that it must be the Greek yogurt, because this chicken was super crispy.
When I say crispy, I mean this is some super crispy, extra crunchy, perfectly fried Greek chicken.
This chicken is so crispy, I can talk about it all day.
Actually, the next morning when Baby Girl and I reheated the chicken in the oven for breakfast, we had another discussion about how this chicken is still crispy even after reheating it.
To make sure you achieve crunchy food goodness, it’s important that you heat your grease up to the proper temperature of 350 degrees.
I fried the chicken in batches because if you overcrowd the pan you will steam the chicken instead of frying it.
When I removed the chicken from the fryer I immediately squeezed lemon juice over the hot chicken.
Then I topped it with Italian parsley and feta cheese. The end result is bites of joy!
Every bite has a big crunch, then there’s the hint of lemon with feta cheese that is slightly melted into the crispy chicken skin, and don’t forget the refreshing Italian parsley.
I am officially in love with this chicken!Print
- 3 lbs chicken drummettes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- cooking oil
For the Flour:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Chicken Topping:
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Parsley, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and place in a large bowl.
- Top chicken with all ingredients, mix well and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour mixture together and place in a freezer bag.
- Place chicken into flour mixture in batches, around 7 pieces at a time.
- Place chicken into fryer making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry chicken for 15-17 minutes are until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken from fryer and drain on paper napkin, immediately top with squeezed lemon juice and garnish with feta and parsley.
- Serving Size: 4