It’s chicken wing time folks!
My Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings are the perfect game day food.
Here’s why, the wings are crispy, spicy, crunchy, with the perfect amount of sweetness!
First, the wings can be marinated overnight, the night before the big game and fried up right before game time.
Second, the wings can be placed in the slow cooker if you don’t want to go the fried route and cooked on high for about 4 hours. Add a little broth about 1/2 cup to stretch the tasty sauce.
Third, the wings can be baked at 400 degrees for about an hour, basting with sauce and broiling these babies to crisp the top!
Yep, I gave you 1 wing recipe with 3 ways of cooking.
Big Goo wanted these babies fried and they came out perfect.
The sauce is so delicious you will be hooked!
I pretty much used my whole Asian pantry in this sauce.
If it reminded me of Asian food I put it in the sauce and it worked out perfectly.
Look at what we have here people!
Perfectly cooked crispy fried chicken.
And note: I see a lot of chicken wing recipes and they say cook for like 8 minutes. People, don’t listen to them, please cook that chicken longer.
I don’t care that these are baby wings, cook that chicken!
I timed my chicken and 15-18 minutes give you a perfectly cooked chicken wing.
- 20 chicken wing drumettes
- 1 tablespoon creole seasonings
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 eggs
- cooking oil
Honey Garlic Ginger Sauce:
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
For the Chicken Fry:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasonings
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, in a large bowl add chicken, seasonings, and eggs, mix well and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
To Prepare the Chicken Fry:
- Mix all ingredients together, place in a freezer bag and shake well.
To Fry the Chicken:
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 20 minutes prior to frying.
- In a large cast iron pot or dutch over, heat cooking oil to 350 degrees. Please only fill pot half full with cooking oil to prevent spills.
- In a large paper bag or freezer bag add chicken fry and half the marinated chicken wings, shake well to coat.
- Remove chicken from bag and dust off excess chicken fry.
- Place chicken in hot oil and fry chicken for approximately 15-18 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- While chicken is frying time to make the homemade hot sauce.
To Prepare Honey Garlic Ginger Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to blender and puree.
- Remove chicken from hot grease, drain on paper napkin and coat chicken in sauce.
- Serving Size: 4