It’s about to be a real sweet day!
People, we have Chocolate Mousse.
Yep, rich, creamy, chocolatey, moussie (new word), mousse!
This is by far the best mousse I’ve ever made and eaten.
Thanks to the wonderful people at Madecasse Chocolate who sent me some excellent chocolate and vanilla to try, my mousse has just been taken to another level!
I’ve been making mousse for years, and it’s been pretty decent.
I can truly say that my mousse is above decent thanks to Madecasse Chocolate.
Baby Girl the food critic said this is some gourmet tasting mousse!
Did I mention it took less than 5 minutes to prepare this cup of chocolate magic goodness!
Yep, just take a pot with simmering water, place a bowl on top of it, add the chocolate and stir until melted.
Next, take heavy cream, place into a mixer, add a little vanilla and whip for about 1 minute.
Finally, pour in the chocolate and whip 1 minute more.
Now place the mousse in pretty glass jars and cover with a little saran wrap to chill.
If you want you can really eat the mousse without chilling.
I chilled the mousse for a couple of hours and then topped it with loads of Truwhip topping.
Shave a little extra chocolate bar on top!
Grab a spoon or two and enjoy!
A little secret folks, pre chill the mixer bowl and beaters in the freezer.
What happens is little chocolate chip miracles.
Because the bowl was super cold when I poured the warm chocolate into the heavy cream, parts of the chocolate turned immediately into chips!
I mean this was beyond deliciousness taking place.
- 4 Madecasse Chocolate Bars
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon Madecasse Vanilla
- 1 container Truwhip, whipped topping
- Pre chill mixing bowl and beaters.
- Over a simmering water bath, add chocolate to a bowl and stir until melted.
- Allow chocolate to cool slightly.
- Add heavy cream, sugar and vanilla to the mixing bowl, whip for about 1 minute.
- Pour chocolate into mixing bowl and whip for about 1 minute more on medium speed.
- Divide mixture between glasses, cover with saran wrap and chill.
- Top with whipped topping prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 4