My family loves Orange Chicken!
Every time we go out for Asian take out Big Goo wants crispy Orange Chicken.
I decided why not create tasty take out chicken at home.
This is one of those quick and easy cooking recipes.
I used boneless, skinless, chicken breast cut into medium chunks.
Coat the chicken in a seasoned cornstarch/flour mixture and fry the chicken for about 7 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
While the chicken cooks we make a quick and easy orange glazed sauce.
The sauce is orange and pineapple juice, a little rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and of course sriracha sauce.
Bring the mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
The cornstarch in the mixture turns the sauce into a wonderful glaze.
Don’t forget to saute the bell peppers and red onion in a little oil for about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken to the sauteed veggies, coat the chicken in the tasty orange glaze sauce and mix well.
I served my chicken over hot Thai jasmine rice garnished with green onions.
These tasty nuggets will have you refusing to eat take out chicken again!
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- cooking oil
- cooked rice
- green onions to garnish
For the Orange Sauce:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Mix flour and cornstarch together in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend to the flour cornstarch mixture and mix well.
- Rinse chicken pat dry, cut into 2 inch chunks, place chicken in a bowl and coat with soy sauce, olive oil, remaining seasoning blend and mix well, set aside.
- Heat about 2 cups of cooking oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken in flour/cornstarch, shake off excess coating.
- Fry chicken for about 7-8 minutes until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- Drain chicken on paper napkin.
- In another pan add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- To Prepare the Orange Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a pan, mix well, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes while sauce thickens.
- Place orange chicken back in pan with veggies.
- Pour sauce over chicken and veggies, mix well.
- Serve immediately over hot rice, garnished with green onions.
- Serving Size: 4