It’s time for some wonderful tasty seafood people!
Yep, I am getting fancy folks!
Salmon is my favorite fish!
I could really eat salmon everyday and there has been times when I’ve made salmon daily for a week straight.
Yep, I know cooking seafood is something I don’t do as much as I should, but Baby Girl and her food allergies puts a damper on my seafood cooking and eating.
I’ve been looking at this beautiful Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon for the last week and kept procrastinating about cooking it.
I would open the freezer and say, nope I’ll wait, I really don’t want my daughter giving me the evil eye because I am cooking seafood.
Yes, that’s what she does and as a mom that’s guilt 101 and I always give in and put the seafood back in the freezer.
Well Baby Girl is not home and I am sneaking, yes, sneaking and making me some Blackened Salmon.
This is another one of my 10 minute meals.
I seasoned the fish with all my favorite spices, placed it skin side up in a hot skillet with olive oil and cooked the salmon for about 7 minutes.
I always have yellow rice cooked and quickly boiled some broccoli for about 5 minutes in chicken broth, drained the broccoli and topped it with my famous Gorgonzola Cream Sauce.
Time to eat and enjoy!Print
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Pour olive oil over salmon on both sides.
- Mix seasoning blend and heavily coat salmon with spices.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to pan over medium heat.
- Place salmon in pan skin side up, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Flip salmon over and cook for about 5 minutes more or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serving Size: 4