I am one of those people who believes that a tasty side dish is the main meal!
My Broccoli with Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce is one of those side dishes that I am talking about.
Most people I know can cook a piece of meat or roast chicken.
But, the key to a good cook is can you make sides?
Those are the sides that create food memories.
Yes, people will always remember that tasty stuffed roast they had for Christmas dinner.
But they will crave those side dishes you created.
Year after year I’ve focused on creating new and improved side dishes.
I’ve taken regular side dishes to places that they’ve never been!
Take for example my Cheesy Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts Casserole that is beyond delicious.
Why eat boring Brussels sprouts when you can top them with cheese?
If you prefer more classic sides you could always make my French Green Bean Casserole with the from scratch Cream of Mushroom Sauce!
I tell ya’ folks, the sides are where it’s at!
Master side dishes and you will be one loved cooking mama!
Sides is how I first learned how to cook and it has been key to me being a great cook!
It’s also where I started Baby Girl off with, and she’s turning into a little princess of sides.
Yes, Princess because I am still the Queen, lol!
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
For the Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce:
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Bring the chicken stock to boil.
- Add broccoli and cook about 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from broth, drain and set aside.
To Prepare the Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce:
- In a medium stock pot melt butter over medium heat, add flour and whisk well for about 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add cheese and seasonings and whisk well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat, sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serving Size: 4