Today is the perfect day to cook my tasty world famous Chinese Style Shrimp Fried Rice!
Yes, I said world famous fried rice, lol.
Whenever I cook a meal that’s beyond delicious I always tell my family that it’s world famous.
Yes they look at me like I’ve just lost my mind, but by the end of the meal they all agree with me that the dish is indeed, world famous!
I have a little food cult brewing in my house.
Unfortunately, one of our members will not be enjoying this “world famous” meal today!
Yes, Baby Girl, my seafood allergy having teen daughter.
I am already prepared for the side eye, blank stare, “did you sanitize the kitchen” look I will be receiving when she arrives home from school.
Luckily, my first and main foodie cult member Big Goo, is going to be in hog heaven!
Big Goo loves when I cook Shrimp Fried Rice and this is one leftover meal besides ribs that he’ll actually eat.
The key to creating my WORLD FAMOUS Shrimp Fried Rice is I cook everything separately.
This is food love people so take the time to make it right.
First, I cook my veggies in oil, wipe the pan out and start step 2.
Secondly, I cook my eggs in a little oil, scrambled nicely, don’t forget, wipe the pan out.
Lastly, add a little more oil and lightly fry the shrimp.
Did I mention my Shrimp Fried Rice actually has FRIED SHRIMP!
Yes folks, that’s my big world famous secret.
I coat my shrimp in a cornstarch/flour mixture to give them a nice crispy texture.
Now don’t forget to already have your rice precooked.
I prefer to use cold leftover rice, but if you don’t have cold rice, hot rice will do.
The cold rice gives me more crispier bites of joy!
After you’ve cooked everything separately, now let’s bring all the food goodness back together in one pot.
I add a little more oil to the pan, fry up my rice, pour the sauce mixture over the rice, mixing well.
Add the eggs and veggies to the rice and mix well.
Lastly, add in the shrimp.
Garnish with lots of green onions and it’s time to chow down!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- cooking oil
For the Seasoning Blend:
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
For the Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Peel shrimp, devein, remove tails if desired.
- Split shrimp down the middle slightly to butterfly and season with 2 teaspoons of seasoning blend, set aside.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add about 2 tablespoons of oil, add corn, peas, carrots, and diced onion.
- Season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend and cook for about 5 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- Wipe pan clean, add 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat, add eggs allow to set 1 minute, then scramble eggs using the back of a fork in a circular motion, cook eggs for about 2 minutes more.
- Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
- Wipe pan clean.
- Mix flour and cornstarch together.
- Add shrimp to mixture, coat well.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat, add shrimp in batches, cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lastly, wipe pan clean, add around 2 more tablespoons of oil to pan over medium high, add rice to pan and remaining seasonings, mix well.
- Add sauce to rice and mix well, using a spatula makes mixing easier.
- Fold in veggies and eggs, mix well.
- Lastly, add shrimp and green onions.
- Serving Size: 6