Lately I’ve been in a seafood cooking and eating mood.
I am enjoying making seafood dishes because their quick and tasty!
My delicious Shrimp Cakes take less than 15 minutes to prepare and is perfect for a quick lunch.
If Shrimp is not your thing, you could always use fish with the same tasty results!
This is a really simple recipe.
First, take large shrimp and chop them up finely.
Secondly, add the shrimp to Ritz cracker bread crumbs, with mayo, celery, onion, and a little panko to bind everything together.
Ritz Cracker Bread Crumbs are just ground up Ritz crackers.
The Ritz Crackers give the Shrimp Cakes a nice buttery taste.
It really is just that simple.
After I mix everything up with my spice blend I form the cakes into patties.
A trick to perfectly round patties is to use a measuring cup.
I used 1/2 measuring cup for these patties.
Lastly, fry the Shrimp Cakes in a little olive oil with a pat of butter for about 4 minutes per side and that’s it!
Don’t forget to make a big batch of Hot Mayo to top the Shrimp Cakes.Print
- 1 lb large shrimp, peel, deveined, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Hot Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- pinch of black pepper
- Peel, devein, and finely chop shrimp, leaving a few chunks.
- In a large bowl add crushed crackers, minced vegetables, all the spices, mayonnaise and mustard, mix well.
- Fold in shrimp and panko bread crumbs.
- Form into 4 patties or you could make appetizer size if desired.
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a little butter in a skillet over medium heat, add patties in brown for about 4-5 minutes per side until nice and golden brown.
- Patties can also be placed under the broiler and cooked for about 8 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper napkin.
- To prepare hot mayo, mix all ingredients together and serve on top of patties.
- Serving Size: 4