It’s Halloween and I created one of my perfect, simple meals to serve the family when they return home from Trick and Treating!
My Slow Cooker Bean Soup with Andouille Sausage takes less than 5 minutes of prep time.
My Crock Pot Slow Cooker takes care of everything else!
This dish is family friendly, warm, smokey, and comforting.
I am using smoked Louisiana Andouille sausage, with frozen carrots, fresh celery and onions and of course don’t forget the spices.
I sliced my sausage about 1/2 inch thickness and placed all the ingredients into my slow cooker.
I topped off my ingredients with 2 cups of red salsa and 4 cups of organic, low sodium chicken broth.
Mix everything well and let the slow cooker do it’s job!
Set the Slow Cooker on high for 4 hours.
Don’t forget to rinse and drain your white beans.
If you don’t have access to andouille sausage you can substitute your favorite store brand smoked sausage.
I’ve been receiving loads of emails about what products I am using in my cooking so I will be creating a page on the blog that gives you a list of all my favorites with links.
Big Goo suggested I cook up a pot of hot rice to serve with the soup and he was correct.
The rice really made the soup more of a main course.
- 1 lb andouille sausage, sliced
- 4 cups northern white beans, organic, canned, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium, organic
- 2 cups red salsa
- 1 cup carrots, frozen, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- cooked rice
- Drain canned beans and rinse well, drain again.
- Rinse sausage, slice into 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker, mix well, cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve with hot rice
- Serving Size: 4-6