Rich, creamy, comforting, and delicious!
My Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is all that and more!
It’s cold in this desert and I am in Crock Pot cooking mode.
I want to create meals that are family friendly, filling, and easy to prepare and this pot pie satisfies all my needs.
I forgot to add PUFFY to my soup description!
Baby Girl said “Ma’ can I have like a dozen of those flaky things on the side?”
I told her their called puff pastry and NO, you can’t eat them all.
Don’t forget, if you want golden puffed pastry, make sure you brush them with the egg/water mixture.
My mother taught me this, I think I told y’all she was a pastry cook for years.
If you’ve noticed I don’t do many desserts on the blog.
When you’ve eaten as many desserts as I have throughout the years you get a little tired of the sweet life!
Did I mention this dish only has 5 minutes of prep time?
You just throw everything into the slow cooker, minus the peas and heavy cream.
We’re saving that for last because peas cook so quickly they only need about 30 minutes.
Also, we don’t want our cream to curdle so we add it in the last 30 minutes as well.
It’s time to grab a spoon and dig in!
Don’t forget to top your pot pie with your golden brown puff pastry.
And there’s always room for a side of Tabasco to kick things up in the spice department.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups carrots, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium, organic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Tabasco to serve
To Prepare Puffed Pastry:
- Puffed Pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- Place all the vegetables EXCEPT the frozen peas in your slow cooker.
- Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker.
- Top with all the seasonings, bay leaves, mix well.
- Mix chicken broth with flour, whisk well. Pour over chicken/veggies in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high covered, for 3 1/2 hours.
- After 3 1/2 hours break up chicken with a spoon or shred with a fork.
- Remove Bay leaves, discard.
- Allow puffed pastry to come to defrost at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- Mix heavy cream with corn starch, whisk well.
- Add peas to slow cooker, pour in heavy cream.
- Leave slow cooker uncovered and cook 30 minutes more.
To Prepare Puffed Pastry:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll defrosted puff pastry on lightly floured surface.
- Cut puffed pastry into 6 squares.
- Brush with egg/water mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4-6