If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner, my Paprika Shrimp with Roasted Garlic and Lemon Butter is the perfect meal.
You can’t go wrong with jumbo shrimp, roasted garlic, lemon, extra virgin olive oil and lots of butter.
Oh, and don’t forget the veggies, fresh Italian parsley and green onions!
You didn’t think I would use all that butter and not add vegetables to this dish?
First, the key to this delicious dish is purchasing the best Paprika your money can buy.
The fresher the Paprika the better your dish will turn out.
The second key is the roasted garlic.
I purchased my roasted garlic fresh from my deli.
If you don’t have a deli take a head of garlic, cut off one end, place in foil, drizzle with olive oil add a little dried oregano.
Cover with the foil and bake for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
All that’s left to do is to turn our oven on 400 degrees, top the deveined shrimp with melted butter, roasted garlic, paprika, lemon zest and juice, and lots of Italian parsley.
I left half the shrimp peeled and the other half with the shell on because Big Goo wanted to see which shrimp would taste juicier.
So we did a test and we agreed that they both tasted just as good, we couldn’t tell any difference with these babies.
It’s very important that you serve this dish with lots of crusty bread because you need to dip the bread in the sauce that’s waiting for you at the bottom of the dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp, deveined
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onions to garnish
- crusty bread to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse shrimp, devein, pat dry.
- Place shrimp into a oven proof skillet, drizzle with olive oil.
- Top shrimp with half of the melted butter, lemon zest and juice, parsley, garlic, and spices.
- Bake shrimp for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with green onions and serve with crusty bread.
- Serving Size: 4