It’s meatball time again.
I am in love with meatballs and I’ve just added a new favorite, Teriyaki Meatballs!
These are some of the most flavorful meatballs I’ve ever eaten and made.
It’s like eating the perfect batch of Asian takeout food, without having to leave the house.
Did I mention I am a professional Asian Take-Out food maker!
Yep, being allergic to MSG and loving Asian food is the reason I decided that I would become a Asian food cooking mama.
The first step on my journey was to ask my local take-out person what they put into their dishes.
One wood be surprised how helpful people are when you show interest in their cultural cooking.
Secondly, hit up the grocery store and check out your Asian food aisle.
You need to see what products are available and then you need to figure out how you’re going to use the products that match your cooking style.
You could also read cookbooks to help you decipher that you might not want to use a whole pack of wasabi in a dish.
Yes, I learned the hard way, it’s hot!
Lastly, you have to cook folks.
I believe one of the most important lessons I’ve learned in my Asian cooking mission is to make sure I have something sweet and spicy in my dishes.
I need balance and if the dish is spicy I make something like a cooling cucumber salad or slaw to serve on the side to balance out the heat.
I also like to serve a nice tea with dishes like a bubble tea, which is my daughters favorite Asian drink.
Bubble Tea is tapioca pearls often with crushed fruit and tea.
You can make it as sweet as you like, I think that’s why my daughter is in love with them!
Bubble tea also cools off your mouth if you’re eating a spicy Asian dish.
Check out some of my other wonderful Asian dishes!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil to saute
- cooked rice
- green onions to garnish
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all meatballs ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form into meatballs and set aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add meatballs and saute for about 2 minutes on each side to brown.
- Place pan into oven and bake meatballs for 15 minutes.
- While meatballs bake bring sauce ingredients to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and bake 15 minutes more.
- Toss to coat and serve with rice.
- Serving Size: 4