This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
It’s almost Valentines Day and I wanted to create one of Big Goo’s favorite meals.
Pan Roasted Salmon with Creamed Spinach is the perfect romantic Valentine dish!
I decided to #ChooseSmart with #CollectiveBias and headed over to Smart & Final which is a great place to do a one-stop shop of everything from produce to meats.
Smart & Final carries warehouse size items without a club fee, making shopping easy, less expensive and less daunting to shop in than a big warehouse store.
Smart & Final is the perfect place for you to shop for all your food needs, bakery items, etc.
I was so excited to see Wild Alaskan Salmon at Smart & Final which is perfect for my Valentine dinner.
I also was able to grab Spinach and everything else needed for a romantic dinner for two.
The salmon was seasoned with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little paprika then pan roasted in extra virgin olive oil and unsalted butter.
After cooking for about 5 minutes, skin side down, I transferred the salmon to the oven to broil for about 7 minutes, basting with the butter/oil sauce.
Next, it’s Spinach time!
I sauteed the spinach in olive oil for about 5 minutes, then added a little cream and cheese for added flavor.
The spinach turned out delicious!
I always try to cook a green vegetable side dish with fish.
If you’re not a fan of spinach you could substitute with Kale or Swiss Chard.
This meal took less than 30 minutes to prepare, which is perfect for Valentines Day!
The spinach turned out nice and creamy and the salmon was delicious.
Don’t forget to pick up fresh flowers and candy for your special Valentine!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Creamed Spinach:
- 2 lbs spinach, frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- In a medium platter place salmon and coat each piece with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil on each side of salmon, rub in gently.
- Mix seasoning blend and sprinkle over each piece of salmon, coating both sides.
- Massage seasonings gently into salmon and set aside.
- Add more olive oil to pan over medium heat.
- Place salmon in pan, skin side down and cook for 5 minutes, don’t flip.
- After 5 minutes transfer pan to oven and broil for about 7 minutes basting with pan juices.
To Prepare Creamed Spinach:
- Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter to large skillet over medium heat.
- Add spinach and cook for about 5 minutes, add spices and mix well.
- Mix cream and cornstarch together.
- Add cream to spinach and mix well.
- Fold in cheese and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with cooked salmon.
- Serving Size: 4