I am really excited about today’s recipe!
Not only am I entering the Country Crock #WhenWeBake recipe contest Celebrating Moms, I also get to eat this delicious burger in the process.
My Baked Butter Burger is the bomb-diggity!
Yes I said Baked Butter Burger!
When I make this burger I normally used Country Crock® Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil.
Due to the fact that my grocery store was out of stock I decided to substitute with Country Crock® Simply Delicious™ Spread.
Regardless of which spread you go with, you’re going to have delicious results!
Everyone has a secret burger ingredient!
My secret burger ingredient is caramelized red onions.
I took a well chopped red onion and caramelized it using my spread.
Don’t forget to allow the caramelized onions to cool before adding them to the raw meat.
Take ground beef or turkey and mix with the caramelized onions and my special spice blend.
Mix the meat well and place into a buttered casserole dish.
Top the meat with more butter spread.
The top of your meat should look like a frosted “butter” cake, lol!
This is a really simple burger recipe and can be mixed up the night before and popped in the oven the next day.
Bake the burgers at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with your favorite cheese.
I placed the burgers under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Serve loaded with your favorite condiments!
- 2 1/2 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 8 tablespoons Country Crock® Simply Delicious™ Spread
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt or creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- sliced cheese
- slider buns or regular hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Butter a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Add two tablespoons of Country Crock® Simply Delicious™ Spread to a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Allow onions to cool.
- Add meat, onions and spices to a large bowl and mix well.
- Place meat into buttered casserole dish and flatten well.
- Top meat with remaining Country Crock® Simply Delicious™ Spread and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese and broil for 2 minutes or until cheese melt.
- Burgers can be cut into 6 regular size burgers or 12 slider size.
- Assemble burger on your favorite buns and top with condiments.
- Serving Size: 4-6