It’s starting to heat up in the desert, and my Strawberry Lemonade is just what’s required to cool down!
The key to perfect Strawberry Lemonade is fresh squeezed lemons and sweet, juicy, strawberries.
I only make Strawberry Lemonade during strawberry season because I want the sweetest strawberries which makes the best lemonade.
This recipe is so simple and my family loves it!
First, you start out with fresh strawberries, never frozen, only fresh.
Secondly, you add chopped strawberries, sugar, and water to a large pot.
Bring mixture to boil, then reduce heat and cook about 3-5 minutes.
Next, add lemon zest to the simple syrup mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
Blend mixture and strain into a large jug.
If you like seeds then you don’t have to strain the mixture.
Lastly, add lots of fresh lemon juice and water.
Note: DON’T FORGET TO ADD THE WATER!!!!
I am only warning you because I just FORGOT TO ADD THE WATER!!!!
I almost guzzled a whole glass until I said to myself: SELF, this is TART!!!!!!!!!
So, you’ve been warned, lol.
Serve over ice, garnished with lemon slices.
- 18 cups water
- 4 cups organic strawberries, chopped
- 8 cups lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 lemons, zested
- Combine sugar and strawberries with 8 cups of water in a large pot.
- Bring mixture to boil, cook about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon zest.
- Allow mixture to cool completely.
- Blend mixture and strain into a large jar.
- Use the back of the spoon to press mixture through sieve.
- Discard solids.
- Add lemon juice and remaining water.
- Mix well, garnish with sliced lemon and chill.
- Serve over ice.
- Serving Size: 10-12