Cajun Salmon is one of those go to dishes when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen!
In less than 15 minutes you have this delicious fish that’s so full of flavor, people will think you spent hours preparing it.
Cajun spices, fresh fish, and lemon with extra virgin olive oil is the key to this flavorful fish.
First, I rubbed the spices into the fish after coating with olive oil.
Next, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish and top with lemon zest.
Lastly, bake the fish for about 10-12 minutes.
Garnish with fresh Italian parsley.
Serve with extra lemon if desired and that’s all you have to do!
Did I mention that Big Goo the non salmon eater loved this dish!
He said the extra lemon on the side was what made the dish extra special.
I would agree!
I love lemon with fish and make sure you use fresh lemons, not the kind that comes in a squirt bottle!
All this goodness in under 15 minutes.
Now, you have no excuse not to prepare fish at home!
- 1 salmon fillet, skin on, boneless
- 2 teaspoons cajun or creole seasonings
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Place salmon on oven proof pan, coat both sides with olive oil.
- Season salmon with seasoning blend, rub into salmon on both sides.
- Place salmon skin side down, top with lemon juice and zest.
- Bake at 475 for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley and serve with extra lemon.
- Serving Size: 4