With back to school fast approaching I am all about creating no fuss, easy recipes!
My Slow Cooker Chicken Soup with Smoked Turkey and Success® Rice is the perfect meal for those busy nights.
I love fix it and forget it meals and this is one easy dish to prepare!
First, I used boneless, skinless, chicken breast. I also added smoked turkey to kick up the flavor!
Next, I added frozen peas and carrots. Very simple!
Lastly, I added chopped onion, celery, spices, and broth.
That’s all the work required.
While the chicken soup is cooking we can start making the most important part of our dish, the rice!
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes.
With 4 varieties available including: Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice, and globally-inspired aromatic varieties of Success® Rice, including fragrant Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice — there’s a variety everyone in your family will love!
Success® White Rice is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates and is gluten free, fat free, cholesterol free and sodium free.
Try your own twist on one of your favorite recipes by swapping an aromatic variety into some of your go-to rice dishes.
Learn more about the different varieties at Success®! For recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Riceape Club®
Don’t forget to stay in the loop by following Success® on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! Our delicious and easy Slow Cooker Chicken Soup with Smoked Turkey and Success® Rice is ready to eat!
Leave a comment below and tell me how you plan on making your next meal a Success using Success® Rice?
Now, for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, tell me in the comments below, how will you use Success® Rice in your dishes?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska).
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address.
You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/8/2015 – 10/23/2015
Be sure to visit Success Rice’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
- 1 box Success® Rice
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 1 smoked turkey drumstick or wing
- 6 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups frozen carrots
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika extra virgin olive oi
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Add vegetables to slow cooker, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of vegetables and coat with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well.
- Place chicken into slow cooker on top of vegetables, coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub into skin.
- Season chicken with 2 tablespoons of seasoning blend. Rub well into skin.
- Add bay leaves and broth.
- Season with remaining seasoning blend, mix well.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- Shred chicken and place back into slow cooker, remove bay leaves.
- Remove smoked turkey and shred, discarding turkey skin, add back to slow cooker.
- Allow soup to cook 30 more minutes without the slow cooker lid.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Place a big scoop of rice into bowl, top with soup and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4-6